Monday, August 6, 2012

The Gift of Worship

Have you ever received a gift and the giver of the gift expected something in return? I'm sure I'm not the only one that has felt obligated to give someone a gift during Christmas because I was given one. When I give my children gifts at Christmas I don't expect a gift in return for two reasons. First, my love for my children has no strings attached! Secondly, .....I would have to pay for it! LOL...Sometimes I feel we as worshipers do the same. We are willing to give God our worship, our time, and even our tithe. But, are we expecting something from God in return? True worship must come from a selfless heart. A heart that isn't expecting anything in return. Paul said, "In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'" Acts 20:35. Our worship should be, what can I do for You Lord? Not, what can You do for me?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I really needed this! I was at work thinking that because I do a good job, that I should be promoted immediately. However, the Bible states that the laborer is worthy of his hire/payment. My promotion comes from God. Being able to go to work and do a good job is a form of worship. As I lift Christ up, He said that HE will draw men to HIM. It is not about me, it is always about HIM and living a life that shines Jesus!

    ReplyDelete