Thursday, August 30, 2012



PRAISE HIM FOR YOUR WEAKNESSES

It is our weaknesses and flaws that draw God to us. Our brokenness captures His attention. We must realize that He loves us in our weakness and that is where His strength is made the most perfect. 

2 Corinthians 12:9  -But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.”

When we expect perfection from ourselves, it’s because we believe God expects perfection. Plain and simple – God does NOT expect perfection from us. If you believe this, it will keep you in a perpetual cycle of guilt, shame and defeat for never meeting up to perfect standards…standards that God never set for you. Jesus was the only one who could meet God’s perfect standard of righteousness and now through His perfect sacrifice, we ARE the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21). 

Rest in the knowledge that His power is being made perfect in all of those areas where you are struggling. Gladly praise Him for your weaknesses. I encourage you to say this with me, “I AM WEAK!”...now watch His power come upon you.

Pastor Angie Gray

2 comments:

  1. Amen, what an encouragement! It is amazing how long I lived my life making "unrealistic standards" for my life trying to somehow payback Jesus Christ. However, it is comforting to know that when HE looks at me HE sees the perfection of his SON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pastor Angie. Very liberating word. It's so easy to fall into that trap of self-condemnation. His strength is made perfect in my weakness.

    ReplyDelete