Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What is Worship to you




                       What is worship to you?

I am the 3rd of 4 children in my family and every year on our birthday, my parents give us all cards. We all look forward to our cards because written in the card is an acrostic from my dad. He spells out our entire name (which my full name is Katherine for those of you who don’t know) and beside each letter he writes a characteristic of who we are to him. Some of the characteristics are funny, some of them don’t make sense (my dad was born and raised in Colombia, South America so his English isn’t that good ;) and some of the characteristics are really special.

Anyways, as I was praying about what to write this blog on, the Lord reminded me of the time He asked me to write an acrostic on worship and what it really meant to me. It took me a little while to think of the exact words I would write down, but in the end, I was able to express in words what worship is to me.

The one thing I love about worship is that there is no right or wrong way to do it. As long as your worship is unto HIM and with a humble/pure heart, you can’t go wrong. I love how everyone’s worship looks different, sounds different and is personal between you and the Lord.

Have you ever stopped to really think about what worship is to you? If not, I hope this little exercise can help you put it to words. It’s important to know what it is so then you can know why you do it.

Here is what worship is to me…

Whole hearted

Outflow expression of an inward heart

Relationship

Sacrifice

Healing

Important

Powerful



Now… what is it to you? 

Kat Holder

4 comments:

  1. Worth

    Overjoyed

    Real

    Surrender

    His glory

    I AM

    Position

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wholly
    Overcome,
    Responding to
    Supernatural awareness of
    His
    Immeasurable, incomparable, and immediate
    Presence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Willful
    Obedient
    Reverent
    Surrendered
    Holy
    Invisible(none of me A LL of Him)
    Powerful


    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worship is

    Wonderful
    One Father Son & Spirit
    Relaxing
    Strength
    Him
    Intense
    Praise

    Claudelle W.

    ReplyDelete